[Vision2020] School Choice

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:01:39 -0800

Mr. Douglas -

The original argument was that those that do not participate in (or attend)
public schools feel that they should not have to subsidize public schools
(via property taxes).

Being a graduate of a public university, I was a recipient of a couple Pell
Grants (government funds provided to students for the purpose of aiding them
with their tuition, etc.).  These funds are ot given directly to the school,
but given to the student.

So, to "connect the dots" as you say, students (or parents of students),
identified in my first paragraph, feel that they shouldn't have to assist in
the payments for public education, but those students (or parents of
students) who attend public schools should assist in the payments for
private education.

You can't have it both ways, Mr. Douglas.