[Vision2020] Book Burning!

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:12:57 +0000

Doug, et. al.

I get it!  I am now enlightened.  I no longer confuse those "argument norms,
internal criticisms and worldviews" as you phrased it.

"Logic," being the special "Bible" of modernity, is a useless tool to
critique the rationality of your special brand of Christianity.  You do not
employ any logical tools in your metaphysical system involved in the
development of mathematics and logic, these tools being part of the "Bible"
of modernity, rejected vehemently.  Deductive and inductive logic,
syllogisms, the logic of references, forms of mathematical logic, are not to
be employed to question your fundamental assumptions.  Any attempt to
reference them to critique your whole system is "confused,"  is an attempt
to reference a neutral shared common ground of logic that does not exist,
utilizing assumptions and tools from another world view.

Your argument, which does not exist because this implies communicating
principles of "reason" from a common ground of logic, falls into a vacuum of
self justifying metaphysical emptiness where anything goes if it fits how
you decide the Bible is to be read... after all, God has revealed it!  Any
objections raised to this scheme are rendered meaningless because they
utilize a form of reasoning drawn from a "Bible" of some other religion... a
false religion, of course.

First eternal truths revealed to man!  Logic, the "Bible" of modernity,
vanquished in triumph!

You are above critique, in a lofty world of eternal truth.

What a blessing for a world suffering from the evils of modernity.

It's time for a good old fashioned book burning.  If I can just find my
books on logic and evidence... it's a cold day and a fire would be cozy.

Ted

Doug, et. al.

Perhaps, Doug, you are correct in your assessment of my thought, whatever
you meant.  Your comment lacked precision.  On the other hand, perhaps there
is a mirror nearby...

Ted