[Vision2020] deja voodoo

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:41:25 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2CE06.F8C941E0

Melynda writes:

"And although I won't insist on it--I'm still thinking about it myself--m=
ay I modestly and diffidently ask if there are any takers on my questions=
 about the reasons for our continued embattlement on this particular topi=
c after months of comparative calm?" =20

To which Sunil replies:

"It's like the scene in The Godfather when Clemenza is explaining to Mich=
ael how to pull off the hit on Solozzo and McCluskey; he says something t=
o the effect that, "It's good to have a war every few years, gets rid of =
the bad blood."

I would suggest an even older allusion, Proverbs 26:11: "As a dog returne=
th to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly."

The case being presented, re: public versus private schools, has long sin=
ce lost all semblance of argument and is now merely incantatory utterance=
.  If we all repeat the same things over and over again, perhaps we'll ex=
perience the deja voodoo effect and be zombified into agreeing with one a=
nother.

Of course, repeating things ad nauseum is more likely to lead to the afor=
ementioned vomit effect.

Abracadabra,
Joan Opyr/Auntie EstablishmentGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer d=
ownload : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2CE06.F8C941E0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Melynda writes=
:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>"And although I won't insist on it--I'm st=
ill thinking about it myself--may I modestly and diffidently ask if there=
 are any takers on my questions about the reasons for our continued embat=
tlement on this particular topic after months of comparative calm?" </DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>To which Sunil replies:</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> =
<DIV>"It's like the scene in The Godfather when Clemenza is explaining to=
 Michael how to pull off the hit on Solozzo and McCluskey; he says someth=
ing to the effect that, "It's good to have a war every few years, gets ri=
d of the bad blood."</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I&nbsp;would suggest an=
 even older allusion, Proverbs 26:11: "As a dog returneth to his vomit, s=
o a fool returneth to his folly."</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>The case b=
eing presented, re: public versus private schools, has long since lost al=
l semblance of argument and is now merely incantatory utterance.&nbsp; If=
 we all repeat the same things over and over again, perhaps we'll experie=
nce the deja voodoo effect and&nbsp;be zombified into agreeing with one a=
nother.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Of course, repeating things ad nause=
um is more likely to lead to the aforementioned vomit effect.</DIV> <DIV>=
&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Abracadabra,</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment<=
/DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN E=
xplorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explorer.ms=

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C2CE06.F8C941E0--