[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:28:48 -0800

Debbie wrote:
> But... i thought throwing more money was not correlated w/better education
> (ignoring the difference between causation and correlation)

My point was that private schools can produce twice the "product" for half
the money. We would *all* be better off by going with the lower-cost, better
product. If I could take my educational money that's being taxed (~ $6,000)
and give that to a private school charging $3,000, then we'd all be better
off (you would pay 50% less in taxes and I woulnd't have to pay tuition for
4 kids out of pocket).

> And aren't Pell Grants based on financial need? Speaking from past
> experience...

You are right. I should have removed all of the financial grants from that
list. My apologies. It was intended to be a scholastic merit list, not a
financial needs list.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho