[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Sch ools

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:45:53 -0800

Dale Courtney stated:

"But you do have religious indoctrination. The primary questions being
addressed by virtually any general form of educating children (past and
present) are profoundly religious. At the very least the list includes the
following:

Where did I (the student) come from?

What relationship do I have with all these other people?

How did the world come to be here?

What is authority and who wields it?

How should I respond to the rules of behavior authority presents to me?

What is my purpose in life?

Is there something, anything "out there" greater than me to which I must
answer?"

Religious indoctrination is not found in asking the questions, but how those
questions are answered.