[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:30:55 -0800

> Brad Neuman stated:
>
> " . . . or will the child come out with a Taliban like
> secular education, with a biased view of the world drummed
> into their heads having only learned what to think instead of how to."
>
> Sounds like a private school (with a private agenda) to me.

ROTFL!

Government schools are a way to adjust children to fit a particular social
hierarchy controlled by the education elite; and hopefully a means to
control children's minds to accept a different, more liberal hierarchy. They
are a means of behavioral and attitudinal indoctrination.

John Taylor Gatto noted a few years back that Harvard's School of Government
issued some advice to its students on planning a career in the new
international economy. It warned that academic classes and professional
credentials would count for less and less when measured against real world
training.

Ten qualities were offered as essential to successfully adapting to the
rapidly changing world of work:

1) The ability to define problems *without a guide*.
2) The ability to ask hard questions which challenge prevailing assumptions.

3) The ability to work in teams *without guidance*.
4) The ability to work *absolutely alone*.
5) The ability to persuade others that your course is the right one.
6) The ability to discuss issues and techniques in public with an eye to
reaching decisions about policy.
7) The ability to conceptualize and reorganize information into new
patterns.
8) The ability to pull what you need quickly from masses of irrelevant data.

9) The ability to think inductively, deductively, and dialectically.
10) The ability to attack problems heuristically.

How many of those you think are regularly taught in the government schools?

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho