[Vision2020] your vision of Moscow's future

Bill London london@moscow.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:23:34 -0800

Moscow's future, I am quoting below part of the Moscow Civic
Association's mission statement which summarizes my hopes for Moscow as
well:

The Moscow Civic Association is striving to create a thriving community
space with:

    An open, responsive, and accountable local government;
    A vigorous public education system;
    Local, community-based businesses;
    Artistic and cultural events;
    Ethnic, racial, gender, lifestyle, and religious diversity;
    Civil rights;
    An integrated community for people of all ages;
    Close relations and coordination with neighboring communities and
institutions;
    Thoughtful and sustainable development in such areas as environment,

    transportation, housing, and agriculture.
Anyone who would like to help the Moscow Civic Association turn this
vision into reality is invited to the next meeting: Monday, Feb 10, 7pm
at the 1912 Building.  This meeting includes a free, everyone-invited
party, with music by Steptoe, potluck snacks, and dancing.  More info at
the website: www.moscowcivicasso.org
BL