[Vision2020] Great new link on Tom's website

Nick Gier ngier@uidaho.edu
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:17:55 -0800

Dear Visionaries:

Tom, you should have described the new link more specifically.  It is a
devastating critique of Wilson's slavery booklet from what appears to be a
conservative evangelical Christian, who knows a lot about the civil war.  I
especially liked the section where he destroyed the claim that Southern
slave owners did not participate in the slave trade.  This fellow
definitely cannot be dismissed as a Darwinist or secularist!

By the way, I want to correct one mistake on Tom's site.  My essay
"Wondrous Trinities Everywhere" does not address the issue of racism, only
Doug Jones' outrageous claims about the Trinity.  The abstract was supposed
to appear in "Credenda Agenda" and Jones and I were supposed to do two
rounds of debate on the issue.  He also said that he would respond to the
entire piece in a web link.

According to the protocols of academic exchange, my objections to Jones on
the Trinity stand until refuted.  That goes for Quinlan and Ramsey's essay
and all the other responses to Wilson that have not been answered.  Until
we hear from Wilson and Jones, they stand as thoroughly discredited thinkers.

Supporters of Wilson can run, but they cannot hide.

Does anyone have a tape of the forum that I can watch?  If you do, give me
a call at 883-3360.

Nick Gier