[Vision2020] CORRECTION/CLARIFICATION: Academic Accreditation and New St. Andrews College

Ron Force rforce@moscow.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:59:51 -0800

I see that two out of the thirteen member board are associated with Logos
(Mr. Wilson is an ex-officio member, but of course, he's not associated with
Logos. Patch Blakey is the Executive Director, and the treasurer is also
from Moscow. What's the chances that NSA wouldn't be accredited if ACCS were
in the business?

Ron Force
Moscow ID USA    rforce@moscow.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Saundra Lund
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 3:47 PM
To: 'Saundra Lund'; 'Nicholas Gier'; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] CORRECTION/CLARIFICATION: Academic Accreditation
and New St. Andrews College

I <sslund@adelphia.net> wrote:
"NSA *is* accredited by the Association of Classical & Christian Schools
(ACCS)"

I also wrote:
". . . the first two (out of only 8) accredited ACCS schools were NSA and
Logos, both right here in Moscow.
http://www.accsedu.org/pageview.asp?pageid=5168"

If I'm understanding the situation correctly (anyone who knows more is
*definitely* welcome to add), the information on ***the ACCS web site is no
longer correct with respect to NSA.***

NSA originally sought accreditation from ACCS several years ago.
Subsequently, ACCS decided not to get into the accreditation of colleges and
to focus on (I believe) primary and secondary schools.  For whatever reason,
ACCS hadn't updated that particular information on their Web site since
then, so NSA was still showing up as an accredited ACCS school.

This oversight will apparently be corrected and NSA removed from the listing
of ACCS schools (although I assume NSA will still be listed as a member
school since NSA is an ACCS charter member).  I believe the ACCS plan is to
include more information in the future on their Web site about what ACCS
accreditation means.  Naturally, 'accreditation' means different things when
looking at K12 than it does when looking at postsecondary education.

So, the information I posted re: NSA being accredited by ACCS was based on
outdated information.  My sincere apologies for any confusion this caused.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke