[Vision2020] Back to Basics

Jackie Woolf jfkwoolf2000@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:04:56 -0800 (PST)

--0-401925593-1071857096=:24701

The Seventh Day Adventist claim if a person does not worship
on Saturday, what they claim is the seventh day mentioned in
the Bible as being the one and only day of worship that God
recognizes, that you will not be allowed into Heaven.  They
go further to state that if you do not have the mark of God
on your forehead (symbolizing that you are thinking and working
with your head) versus the mark of the beast on your hand
(symbolizing that you are trying to get to Heaven through
works) that you will go to hell.  They also state that by a certain
time period, we will all be tatooed and/or be card carring members
of whatever church/faith/lack of faith and THAT will help determine
who is persecuted by whom and for what.  They also believe that
Ellen White is the one and last true prophet in this world and that
HER words and predictions are to be followed to the letter, lest you
jepordize your chances of going to Heaven (this same person predicted
Christ's return in 1838, 1840, 1842 and 1848 - He didn't)

The Mormons feel that if you do not worship what Joseph Smith
says is gospel, you will not go to Heaven.  They also believe that
if you don't work a certain amount in a certain way, you will not go
to Heaven.

The Johovas beleive if you do not believe in the manner and style
that THEY believe is true, you will not go to Heaven.

The Hebrew are still waiting for the Messiah to come into the world.

The Musslims believe that their Prophet is the one true word.  Follow
him or else.

The Hindus believe in multiple gods and ways that you can get into
the next stage, but anything you do can knock you down to the
grasshopper level real fast.

The Catholics believe that if you do not confess your sins to a man
(through whom God listens to - only) and do not do penance the
way that man dictates, you will burn in hell - no matter what you do
confessing it will allow the Pearly Gates to swing open wide as long as you
do things THEIR way.

The list is endless and all result in the same thing - my way or the
highway.

Each and EVERYONE of these example churches/beleiefs have a
school - each and everyone.  NONE of them are
getting raked over the coals of malcontent like Logos.  Why is that?

Are you seriously saying that Logos is the only school that is
supported by a church (several churches in Logos' case)?  When
is the last time you heard of ANY Christian church/school selling
their young ladies to the highest bidder such as what some of the
other religions do - now?  Ruth and others talk about the role of
women being staunchly defined by CC and Logos...ALL of the
other religions I have mentioned are even more stringent about
that subject and in fact some religions beat their women for not
obeying their men-folk.  In some religions, it is an honor to kill
the offending child rather than have shame come to the family
(not God) due to the child's behavior.

Saying that Pastor Wilson or that Christ Church is the one and only
peoples saying these things (sorry, haven't seen him beat a single person
much less a child or woman for non-compliance) is not only wrong but shows just how little you know or are willing to know.  I do not know of anyone in CC that has ever said
"you will die if you don't do things the way I say they should be done."
God, on the other hand, has made things very clear.

Do I believe any peoples should be stoned?  Not my call, but off hand I'd say
the sin is the bad, the sinner is what is redeamable, according to God.

I think we need to get back to basics here.

This site is supposed to be about issues such as the water consumption,
the dog mess on the sidewalks (or how about the fact that so many dogs
are allowed to run free just because some owner doesn't want to take the
time to put a leach on and walk it?) or bike riders who use the WALKING
path for their own personal highway (knocking people over apparently gets
you points, 'cause enough of that is being done by a lot of bikers) or the
traffic lights not working in sinc or ....well you get the idea.

Don't you think this stuff has gone on long enough? You don't like what a
church or person is saying, DON'T GO THERE.  Simple, but effective.  But
for those of us that would like to worship in peace the way we feel is best,
let that happen, ok?

Thank you

--0-401925593-1071857096=:24701

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>The Seventh Day Adventist claim if a person does not worship</DIV>
<DIV>on Saturday, what they claim is the seventh day mentioned in</DIV>
<DIV>the Bible as being the one and only day of worship that God</DIV>
<DIV>recognizes, that you will not be allowed into Heaven.&nbsp; They</DIV>
<DIV>go further to state that if you do not have the mark of God</DIV>
<DIV>on your forehead (symbolizing that you are thinking and working</DIV>
<DIV>with your head) versus the mark of the beast on your hand</DIV>
<DIV>(symbolizing that you are trying to get to Heaven through</DIV>
<DIV>works) that you will go to hell.&nbsp; They also state that by a certain</DIV>
<DIV>time period, we will all be tatooed and/or be card carring members</DIV>
<DIV>of whatever church/faith/lack of faith and THAT will help determine</DIV>
<DIV>who is persecuted by whom and for what.&nbsp; They also believe that</DIV>
<DIV>Ellen White is the one and last true prophet in this world and that</DIV>
<DIV>HER words and predictions are to be followed to the letter, lest you</DIV>
<DIV>jepordize your chances of going to Heaven (this same person predicted</DIV>
<DIV>Christ's return in 1838, 1840, 1842 and 1848 - He didn't)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Mormons feel that if you do not worship what Joseph Smith</DIV>
<DIV>says is gospel, you will not go to Heaven.&nbsp; They also believe that</DIV>
<DIV>if you don't work a certain amount in a certain way, you will not go</DIV>
<DIV>to Heaven.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Johovas beleive if you do not believe in the manner and style</DIV>
<DIV>that THEY believe is true, you will not go to Heaven.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Hebrew are still waiting for the Messiah to come into the world.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Musslims believe that their Prophet is the one true word.&nbsp; Follow</DIV>
<DIV>him or else.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Hindus believe in multiple gods and ways that you can get into</DIV>
<DIV>the next stage, but anything you do can knock you down to the</DIV>
<DIV>grasshopper level real fast.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The Catholics believe that if you do not confess your sins to a man</DIV>
<DIV>(through whom God listens to - only) and do not do penance the </DIV>
<DIV>way that man dictates, you will burn in hell - no matter what you do</DIV>
<DIV>confessing it will allow the Pearly Gates to swing open&nbsp;wide&nbsp;as long as you</DIV>
<DIV>do things THEIR way.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The list is endless and all result in the same thing - my way or the</DIV>
<DIV>highway.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Each and EVERYONE of these example churches/beleiefs have a</DIV>
<DIV>school - each and everyone.&nbsp; NONE of them are</DIV>
<DIV>getting raked over the coals of malcontent like Logos.&nbsp; Why is that?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Are you seriously saying that Logos is the only school that is </DIV>
<DIV>supported by a church (several churches in Logos' case)?&nbsp; When</DIV>
<DIV>is the last time you heard of ANY Christian church/school selling</DIV>
<DIV>their young ladies to the highest bidder such as what some of the</DIV>
<DIV>other religions do -&nbsp;now?&nbsp; Ruth and others talk about the role of</DIV>
<DIV>women being staunchly defined by CC and Logos...ALL of the </DIV>
<DIV>other religions I have mentioned are even more stringent about</DIV>
<DIV>that subject and in fact some religions beat their women for not</DIV>
<DIV>obeying their men-folk.&nbsp; In some religions, it is an honor to kill</DIV>
<DIV>the offending child rather than have shame come to the family</DIV>
<DIV>(not God) due to the child's behavior.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Saying that Pastor Wilson or that Christ Church is the one and only</DIV>
<DIV>peoples saying these things (sorry, haven't seen him beat a single person</DIV>
<DIV>much less a child or woman for non-compliance)&nbsp;is not only wrong but shows just how little you know or are willing to know.&nbsp; I do not know of anyone in CC that has ever said</DIV>
<DIV>"you will die if you don't do things the way I say they should be done."</DIV>
<DIV>God, on the other hand, has made things very clear.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Do I believe&nbsp;any peoples&nbsp;should be stoned?&nbsp; Not my call, but off hand I'd say</DIV>
<DIV>the sin is the bad, the sinner is what is redeamable, according to God.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think we need to get back to basics here.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This site is supposed to be about issues such as the water consumption,</DIV>
<DIV>the dog mess on the sidewalks (or how about the fact that so many dogs</DIV>
<DIV>are allowed to run free just because some owner doesn't want to take the</DIV>
<DIV>time to put a leach on and walk it?) or bike riders who use the WALKING</DIV>
<DIV>path for their own personal highway (knocking people over apparently gets</DIV>
<DIV>you points, 'cause enough of that is being done by a lot of bikers) or the </DIV>
<DIV>traffic lights not working in sinc or ....well you get the idea.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don't you think this stuff has gone on long enough?&nbsp;You don't like what a </DIV>
<DIV>church or person is saying, DON'T GO THERE.&nbsp; Simple, but effective.&nbsp; But</DIV>
<DIV>for those of us that would like to worship in peace the way we feel is best,</DIV>
<DIV>let that happen, ok?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you</DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-401925593-1071857096=:24701--