[Vision2020] Ruth Drollinger Author Unknown

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:44:32 -0800

> As remarked before:  You cannot tell if Douglas Stambler is really the one
> who is sending these emails.  Forgery is easy on the internet.  I know,
> because emails have been sent out under my name and address that were not
> authored by myself.  In one case, the culprit was caught and warned.

Actually, there are a couple of ways to tell.

First, the tone of the post is Stamblers.
Second, the Email address is his private one (which he has been posting
from).
Third, the X-Originating-Server is the one that Stambler routinely uses
(outblaze.com) as is the IP address (198.175.250.234).
Fourth, the route that the Email took from outblaze.com to Vision2020 (and
your mailbox) isn't faked.

While it is very easy to forge an email, it is *not* easy to forge the
entire email history -- especially all of the mail servers that the email
goes thru.

However, this is just another good reason to have a moderated list for the
Palouse.

Best,
Dale