[Vision2020] Corporal Punishment & Logos School: Guess My Question . . .

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:31:22 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C3C363.8CD19570

Luke writes:

>That aside, almost all Christians, or at least Protestants, would agree =
on the same basic tenants of
>Christianity (the reason being that they are crystal clear from Scriptur=
e).

Well, the history of Christian denominations suggests otherwise:  take, f=
or example, the sacraments:  nine?  five?  two?  no outward sacraments at=
 all?  The Eucharist:  real presence?  Con- or trans-substantiatiation?  =
memorial feast?  weekly? monthly? quarterly?  Paedo-communion?  Adults on=
ly?  Communion in both kinds or bread only?  At the altar?  In the aisles=
?  Administered by the laity?  Just the priests?

And that's just the barest beginning of the ways in which Christians have=
 found disharmony, heresy, and grounds for excommunicating one another ov=
er the most sacred and foundational institutions of Christianity. . . whi=
ch, by the way, is *not* made crystal clear in Scripture.

Then, just for fun, use that handy concordance in the back of your NKJV t=
o look for "Trinity," and if you're still looking tomorrow morning, ask m=
e why that is . . . (hint:  it's harder to find than that pesky Waldo). =20

A New English Version reader myself,

Melynda Huskey Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http:=
//explorer.msn.com

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Luke writes:</=
DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;That aside, almost all Christians, or at =
least Protestants, would agree on the same basic tenants of<BR>&gt;Christ=
ianity (the reason being that they are crystal clear from Scripture).</DI=
V> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Well, the history of&nbsp;Christian denominatio=
ns&nbsp;suggests otherwise:&nbsp; take, for example, the sacraments:&nbsp=
; nine?&nbsp; five?&nbsp; two?&nbsp; no outward sacraments at all?&nbsp; =
The Eucharist:&nbsp; real presence?&nbsp; Con- or trans-substantiatiation=
?&nbsp; memorial feast?&nbsp; weekly? monthly? quarterly?&nbsp; Paedo-com=
munion?&nbsp; Adults only?&nbsp; Communion in both kinds or bread only?&n=
bsp; At the altar?&nbsp; In the aisles?&nbsp; Administered by the laity?&=
nbsp; Just the priests?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>And that's just the =
barest beginning of the ways in which Christians have found disharmony, h=
eresy, and grounds for excommunicating one another over the most sacred a=
nd foundational institutions of Christianity. . . which, by the way, is *=
not* made crystal clear in Scripture.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Then, =
just for fun, use that handy concordance in the back of your NKJV to look=
 for "Trinity," and if you're still looking tomorrow morning, ask me why =
that is . . .&nbsp;(hint:&nbsp; it's harder to find than that pesky Waldo=
).&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>A New English Version reader myself=
,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Melynda Huskey&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML><b=
r clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a=

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C3C363.8CD19570--