[Vision2020] Apathetic Liberals

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:45:19 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0555_01C3C1BA.058647F0

Donovan,

Wish I had known you were there. I would have liked to have met you.=20

There are many complexities to what occurred with Mrs. Stoneman on Thrs =
night. Here are a few:=20
  a.. The forum was concerning CC's view on slavery -- and then open to =
any other questions about CC.=20
  b.. Logos is not a part of CC. Logos has its own board of directors. =
Wilson rotates on and off of that board. That board is made up of 4 =
different churches in Moscow/Pullman.=20
  c.. Logos students come from over 24 churches from Moscow/Pullman =
area.=20
  d.. The charges that Mrs. Stoneman brought against the teachers she =
named were all (but one) against teachers who are not from CC.
  e.. In order for her charges to be addressed and dealt with, they need =
to be taken to that group which has authority and jurisdiction. CC is =
not that group.=20
  f.. Finally (IMO), Mrs. Stoneman lost the audience when she accused =
Logos of beating the kids on their birthdays. The entire audience's =
demeanor changed at that point.=20
The point that was made on Thrs (and which is correct), is that the =
meeting on Thrs was to address concerns/issues with CC. CC has zero =
jurisdiction over the issues at Logos. That was explained many times on =
Thrs; the audience "got it" -- and that's why Mrs. Stoneman had the =
negative reaction that she did.=20

Best,
Dale
  ----- Original Message -----=20