[Vision2020] Corporal Punishment & Logos School: Guess My Question . . .

LuJane Nisse lujane@lataheagle.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:58:27 -0800

Believe it or not, there are still folks that believe in and use corporal
punishment. Me included.

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Saundra Lund
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 5:52 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Corporal Punishment & Logos School: Guess My
Question . . .

has finally been answered  :-(

On 4/8/2003 (in conjunction with a post about the all-male Logos school
board) I asked:
"Several years ago, a very good friend opted to send her child to Logos
school, beginning in kindergarten, I think.  About five years ago, she
told me that corporal punishment was still being used.  I was horrified,
but IIRC, she knew that fact prior to enrolling her child and she had no
objection to the policy <snip>

Can anyone tell me if the information she provided me was correct, and
if corporal punishment is still being used at Logos School?  I've tried
looking at the web site & didn't find anything there, and since we've
got so many folks knowledgeable about Logos School in this forum, I'm
hoping for some accurate information.  I'd like to ensure that my
private objections to Logos School are based on reality & not outdated
information."

At the time, no one bothered to answer my question.

My question was apparently answered in the affirmative last night  :-(

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but I *am* incredibly disappointed and
saddened.

And, I'm horrified to find that a school which *still* practices corporal
punishment is holding a "teacher training" here this summer, apparently an
annual event.  I was further distressed to find that there's apparently an
"Association of Classical and Christian Schools" in which Doug Wilson and
Logos School figure prominently.

If Mr. Wilson managed to confuse a single soul last night with his denial of
an institutional connection between Christ Church and Logos School, please,
Please, PLEASE take a couple of minutes (honestly, that's all it will take)
to poke around:
http://www.accsedu.org/

Due in no small part to the treatment of Ms. Drollinger at last night's
"town hall" meeting, I'm going to follow Debi Robinson-Smith's lead of
responding *only* publicly to any private nasty-grams I receive as a result
of this post.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.