[Vision2020] MHS food drive

Steve Lindsey lindsey@nrsweb.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:45:01 -0800

Has anyone else in this group been burned by the Moscow High School food
drive?  Perhaps I should explain.  I received a note on my door Friday
asking for me to help the students of Moscow High by donating food for their
food drive.  The note asked to place either food or checks on our door step
on Sunday and a student from the high school would come along and pick it
up.  Knowing that I had a lot of food in my cupboard that could be donated
to the food bank I filled 2 large grocery bags full of food and toiletries
and with a warm feeling I placed the bags on my porch and left town for the
night.

When I arrived at my house on Monday evening I noticed the food was still
there.  I was a little concerned because no one had been there to pick it up
but figured I would call the school on Tuesday and let them know that
someone missed my house during their route.  The person answering the phone
the next morning got my address and promised me that someone would get it by
the end of the day, she also mentioned that I was not the first person to
call regarding this problem.  It is now Wednesday the food is STILL sitting
on my porch, the food is ruined because of all the frost, snow, rain and
other precipitation and I am really very disappointed in the
irresponsibility of the students at MHS that were in charge of this.  Both
my Money and food have been wasted due the irresponsible act of one or two
students.  I know that I will simply donate to the Cub/Boy scouts when they
do their drive or I will give to the food bank myself.

Steve Lindsey