[Vision2020] What Should We Do About Mexico?

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:44:51 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

As a safeguard, I tend to question the validity of a poster using an e-mail
address in the yahoo.com domain, especially if that e-mail address is only
used once, such are the tactics that Mr. Spambler uses.  I tend to trust
postings from non-free e-mail domains (such as moscow.com), although these
systems can also be manipulated in a variety of ways.

Everybody, by now, is familiar with Doug Wilson's e-mail address.  Although
I may not support anything associated with Mr. Wilson, he does his posting
openly (not behind the guise of yahoo.com).

Just another liberal elitist,

Tom Hansen

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Art Deco
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 5:05 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] What Should We Do About Mexico?

There is no way to tell with certainty that the original message below comes
from Douglas Stambler, IP or not.  A knowledgeable technician (such as Mr.
Courtney) could make an email seem to come from any IP -- that's the way
spammers work.  In fact, the language and content of the message is similar
to Douglas Wilson's sarcastic (but revealing) answers to Nick Gier's
questions sent with the intent that it would be attributed to Mr. Stambler.
It is also in line with the "O poor me" card the cult is now playing.  Some
of the alleged harassment incidents made be wholly fantastic or perpetrated
by cult members in an attempt to generate sympathy.

Also, perhaps it was a cult member or leader that disseminated the infamous
flyer.  The flyer contained no factual misinformation.  If a cult member or
leader sent it out and was subsequently caught, they could say it was a
cutsey but honest method of gaining publicity.

Further:  What branch of the Presbyterian Church does the cult claim to
belong to?  The last 2020 discussion of this ended with Wilson's admission
that he styles the cult a Presbyterian one not because of affiliation but
because of the form of cult government.

Wayne A. Fox