[Vision2020] Just Another Neo-Confederate Website

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:49:17 -0800

Tom Hansen posted:

> Subject: [Vision2020] Just Another Neo-Confederate Website
>
> "A century and a half after the war against Southern
> secession, the foreign policy of our country is still
> hampered by this tragic event. That is, had the war of
> federal aggression not taken place, had the South been
> allowed to leave peacefully, America would be in a far better
> position to exert a positive direction on several events
> which trouble the globe at the present time."
>
> - http://www.lewrockwell.com/block/block16.html

You are going to have to do a lot more homework than that. Methinks that you
are looking for Confederates under every rock -- some would call that
paranoia. I'm hoping you were trying to be funny and not just ignorant.

Rockwell is a Libertarian and as such adheres to Constitutionalism.

One of the deciding factors of where the Libertarian "Free State Project"
(http://www.freestateproject.com/index.jsp) was going to end up was a State
where they could conceivably succeed from the Union.  Now, you may think
that's bizarre; yet they chose New Hampshire because they have the option to
secede from the Union. See:
http://www.freestateproject.com/news/media_archive/0046.jsp

And, lest you think this is some white-supremacist movement, people such as
Walter Williams have endorsed it.

But, I appreciate your posting some of Rockwell's Libertarian writings. You
ought to read what he has to say about the government schools!

Best,
Dale