[Vision2020] Re:Nate Wilson's offline reply to What's the difference?

debismith@moscow.com debismith@moscow.com
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:49:09 GMT

>As you can see, the promise to publically post Nate's unsolicited personal
messages has been ineffective. I'm somewhat surprised at the nastiness
disguised as humor, but it re-enforces for me what these folks are about.
Debi R-S

Debi,
>     I'm really not sure who else to turn to. I know you've said you
> can't keep a secret, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. I'm
> desperate. Every morning I get up and drag myself to a breakfast of
> slippy eggs. My wife will not stop making me slippy eggs. She insists
> that I don't really want eggs that are fully cooked and that slippy eggs
> wake me right up. I know my own mind darn it. I think. If I have to eat
> another slippy egg, I think I might, well, I think I might not eat them
> again, and then she'll leave me. Do you know a good marital counsellor?
> Would you be willing to counsel us? I know that's a lot to ask, and you
> never invited me to send you this letter, but I'm at the end of my
> tether. Could you at least tell me where the nearest needle exchange is?
>
> NDW
>
> debismith@moscow.com wrote:
>
> >>You bet I did, Nate, and am doing it again with yours.  From past
experience

> >with folks who disagree with my public and open sentiments, it is best to
nip
> >in the bud the harrassment that can take place when folks decide to respond
> >outside the discussion forum. Yes, we have been asked in the past (and asked
> >one another) to take our religious discussions off-line. Seems to me,
however,
> >that Doug Wilson and his followers have assisted in keeping this discussion
> >open and on-line. Something about goose, gander, and sauce comes to
mind....I
> >don't want to talk to any of Doug's folks privately, and we have nothing to
say
> >to one another without witnesses. Please pass it on---I'm publically stating
> >here that if you don't want unsolicited personal posts you send to me
appearing
> >in V2020, don't send 'em. I promise to only respond publically, having
nothing
> >to say to you that I don't want others to hear.
> >Cordially,
> >Debi
> >
> >You're taking an offline email public? Slick work.
> >

> >>NDW

> >not

> >review

> >hate