[Vision2020] Summons to Town Hall

debismith@moscow.com debismith@moscow.com
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 06:06:48 -0800

Thanks again for the repeated invite, Doug. I still decline. I do not believe you have
anything new to add--yes, my mind is firmly closed in regards to any additional
defense you might have, or "answers" to any questions you might be asked. I may be
a "liberal" (whatever that means), but I am capable of recognizing the difference
between a discussion and another Wilson Rant. I've seen you in action before, and
am simply not interested in a repeat of the refrain "Jesus loves Doug, this I know
because his bible tells him so".

Those of us who are circulating the Not In Our Town sign-up sheet are from a variety
of groups and interests, all of whom find your intoerance for those not of your
persuasion both stupid and annoying. I do owe you a note of thanks, however.
Through your creative revision of history you have inadvertantly introduced me to a
whole new set of friends. While you have been busily scrambling to explain yourself
in every newspaper on the Palouse, I have been enjoying the company of:
Christians of many stripes, Buddhists, Wiccans, Pagans, Lesbians, Gays, Historians,
Feminist Women of Color, Birkenstock Wearing Old Hippies, and Balding Homer
Simpson Look-Alikes.

I'm having great time, and all without your narrow Biblical interpretations, your
"standards", and especially without your "comedy". I'm finding the company of these
folks full of laughter, intelligent conversation, creativity, and joy.

So, thanks for being the narrow, rigid, lock-stepping bunch you are---it introduced me
to a delightful crowd!

By the way, your personal selection of the letter "I" to mark your group is not a bad
idea. I'm not in favor of this type of singling-out behavior, but whatever blows your
skirt up! It might be handy to be able to identify, through the letter "I" for "idiotic", your
entire group.

Avoiding you like the plague, having lots of laughs (partly at your expense),

Debi Robinson-Smith