[Vision2020] Letter of Regret

debismith@moscow.com debismith@moscow.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:39:14 -0800

Actually, I don't really regret not attending the Doug and pony show. I don't regret not
poking sticks at snakes either.

In the Conclusion section of Doug Jone's adorable little monograph"The Biblical
Offense of Slavery", he says:

"   The Biblical worldview can justifiably condemn racist attitudes and actions
because such are contrary to the Word of God. Many non-Christians claim to oppose
racism, but they cannot justify their condemnation. Their worldview precludes placing
any significance or value on human life."

And in their (in my humble opinion poorly written) diatribes disguised as information,
the all male Board of Christ Church has branded me and mine as fakers, humorless,
joyless, and encouragers of racism and violence.

Why on earth would I expend the energy to listen to these self-congratulatory
delusionaries say anything? I'm pretty clear that they reject out of hand any one who
doesn't follow their credo, and have no intention of being anywhere near the
Kenworthy that night.

I vote to join Joan and other like-minded folks in a more gainful and joyous gathering
at the nearest food and drink establishment not owned by anyone connected with the
dougies....

Just call me a happy an fun-loving unrepentant feminist humanist  Pagan (and
beautiful in my non-submission!!!).

Debi Robinson-Smith