[Vision2020] Letter of regret re: town meeting

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:17:14 -0800

Visionaries,

Both Rose and Joan have declined the invitation to attend our town meeting,
but our invitation to them remains open, and it remains cordial. I would
love to have this be an opportunity to meet many of the participants on
this forum, and I would be pleased to shake their hands at this event as well.

We are biased, of course, but we do not believe that conservative
Christians are orcs. We believe what we do -- firmly -- and are willing to
defend it and in the appropriate forum, debate it. But we are (all of us)
created in the image of God, and we would like to put a personal face on
this fracas in order to help end it. We want to explain the distortions and
misunderstandings, answer the objections and criticisms, and hear what
people outside our church community have to say to us.

Who could be against that? Hope to see you there.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson