[Vision2020] Excellent article on WSU's Doba (thread from November)

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:25:01 -0800 (PST)

I don't know much about Bill Doba, other than what I
have read in local newspapers and heard during
post-game interviews on the radio.  I was extremely
impressed with his response to a question regarding
the WSU player who snapped the ball over the punter's
head twice during the USC game.  Instead of
criticizing the player, Doba expressed his empathy and
support for the player, and explained how difficult it
is to make a good long snap under those circumstances.

If this response was typical of Doba (it certainly
seems to be, based on everything I have read and
heard), it is easy to see why his players would speak
highly of him.  If only every coach treated players
with such respect and consideration...

Ben Twigg