[Vision2020] Hope for Healing? Well, not exactly

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:25:27 -0700

Some highlights of the ex-gay movement:

Michael Johnston, founder of ex-gay organization Kerusso Ministries,
experiences "moral fall," allegedly has sex with men he met over the
internet.  (19 August 2003)

John Paulk, Chair of the Board of Exodus International and manager of the
Homosexuality & Gender Department at Focus on the Family, a Colorado-based
group that opposes gay rights, is photographed in gay bar in Washington,
D.C., quits job. (September 2000)

Gary Cooper and Michael Bussee, founders of Exodus International in 1976,
conference of ex-gays out of which Exodus International was formed. But
Cooper and Bussee later fell in love with each other and left their wives to
live together as a couple. (1979)

Wade Richards, “ex-gay” spokesman for Love in Action, comes out as gay again
and denounces "ex-gay ministries" as destructive and phony.  (August 2000)

Colin Cook, leader of Homosexuals Anonymous, is ousted amid claims that he
is having sex with male clients.  (1998)

And these are the leaders of these groups, for goodness sake!

I recommend  "Mission Impossible: Why Reparative Therapy and Ex-Gay
Ministries Fail" and "Finally Free: How Love and Acceptance Saved Us From
the Ex-Gay Ministries," published by the Human Rights Campaign.

http://www.hrc.org/publications/index.asp

Singing with Miss Ross . . .
"I don't need no cure / I don't need no cure / Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet /
love."

Melynda Huskey

Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Burnt Norton, T.S. Eliot

<b>MSN 8:</b>  Get 6 months for $9.95/month
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup