[Vision2020] "How Bob Hoover Cheated Idaho"

Douglas Stambler ccm_moscow@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:00:00 -0700 (PDT)

--0-699740787-1060880400=:38052

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing you this letter with the best intentions for you, the students at your university and the faculty. Last year, I was investigating allegations that President Bob Hoover was stealing money from the university. It wasn’t long before I was trespassed from the campus and told not to come back. But since Bob Hoover has recently admitted his illegal use of money that had been appropriated for the project in Boise, I have been free again to openly cover this story. Make no mistake, the BSU/U of Idaho joint educational center scandal will go down as one of the worst examples of political fraud and embezzlement in Idaho’s history. I want you to know what really happened here in Moscow, and it had nothing to do with an $8 or 9 million missing loan. About $40-45 million was lost in all.

1) In the late 1980s, state politicians in Idaho came up with a plan to revamp Idaho’s educational system. This included raising about $130 million for the University of Idaho and Boise State University.

2) Money was then raised throughout the state from private donations and through the Idaho lottery – although the lottery money didn’t kick in until much later.

3) By the mid-1990s, about $35 million had been raised for higher education alone.

4) A project idea was hatched: “Why not combine intellectual talent with a combined project between BSU and the U of Idaho?”

5) Money was set aside for the project.

6) Then, in the interest of having that money earn more money, Bob Hoover was pressured by the state to “grow” the money while it was waiting to be used for the Boise project.

7) With the advice of well-known political consultants in Boise, and with the knowledge of local political officials in Latah County like Paul Kimmel, Hoover illegally funneled millions of dollars into risky small business investment schemes in Washington state with the assistance of local politicians in that state.

8) The state of Washington’s economy collapsed, and Hoover’s illegal “investments” were lost.

9) The money is still “missing,” but no one will be able to find it. It’s gone.

***
But how on earth would Bob Hoover have been able to cover this up? Here’s the sad answer to that question.

1) The College of Agriculture at the University of Idaho has been mismanaged for over a decade. In an attempt to bring Idaho “up to speed” with modern-day agribusiness, faculty at the college abandoned the time-honored tradition of teaching local control of farmland to their students. Instead, they started to teach them how to manage farms and what pesticides to use. In other words, the Ag College went for the money instead of protecting Idaho’s agricultural future.

2) As Idaho is still relatively unspoiled, Bob Hoover used that to the university’s advantage: He invited the USDA to consider pouring hundreds of millions of research dollars into Idaho.

3) The only problem was that Idaho would gradually lose control over its own agricultural production.

4) But the Ag College was only too willing to follow Hoover’s lead, and so the tone was set: By about 2015, Idaho would have its agricultural production turned over to the federal government.

5) Unfortunately, this, too, was illegal, because the College of Agriculture is required to achieve a statewide consensus on any “mission changes” that could potentially shift the emphasis of its ag-extension program. (Read the founding charter of the U of Idaho; it’s obvious that “land-grant” means “for the people of Idaho.”)

6) As the U of Idaho climbed in national ranking, the very premise of the university’s origins was being sold to the federal government. And the public was definitely not informed.

***

Of course, the above information constitutes several theories of mine about Mr. Hoover’s resignation and the missing money. I wrote you this letter, because I am very fond of your state, and I only wish to make a contribution in any way I can. I think that the scandal is going to be very hard on your university, and perhaps a different perspective on what took place leading up to Mr. Hoover’s resignation might make it easier on people affiliated with the university. I would sincerely appreciate it if you did not make me a target for informing you this way. The local papers won’t publish my writing, and I basically have no other means to communicate to the Moscow public.

Over the next six months, I believe that Bob Hoover will honestly explain what he did and give the state of Idaho more of an idea as to what happened and how to prevent similar schemes from occurring again. In the meantime, it is clear to me that Latah County has already lost millions of dollars that would have been pledged to the university but now will not be sent at all. I think that faculty and staff cutbacks are part of the fallout of this scandal, and I think that the university’s ranking will drop well into the Top 100 public universities. I encourage all to speak freely about their concerns regarding Mr. Hoover’s involvement in illegal activities, because it will help people at your university make sense of what happened.

Finally, I want you to know that even though I am still currently trespassed from the University of Idaho, I have received tacit approval from the Moscow Police Department to continue covering the Bob Hoover resignation and scandal via e-mail and letters. Please do not contact the police here, as I am already in the process of restoring my reputation, and any further involvement with the MPD would complicate that process. I have written to you today with the utmost of best intentions, and with the belief that exposure of the truth helps everyone, including the people who seem to have broken the law. Thank You for reading this letter.

In Christ,
Douglas Stambler
(Moscow, Idaho)

--0-699740787-1060880400=:38052

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Dear Sir/Madam:<BR><BR>I am writing you this letter with the best intentions for you, the students at your university and the faculty. Last year, I was investigating allegations that President Bob Hoover was stealing money from the university. It wasn’t long before I was trespassed from the campus and told not to come back. But since Bob Hoover has recently admitted his illegal use of money that had been appropriated for the project in Boise, I have been free again to openly cover this story. Make no mistake, the BSU/U of Idaho joint educational center scandal will go down as one of the worst examples of political fraud and embezzlement in Idaho’s history. I want you to know what really happened here in Moscow, and it had nothing to do with an $8 or 9 million missing loan. About $40-45 million was lost in all.<BR><BR>1) In the late 1980s, state politicians in Idaho came up with a plan to revamp Idaho’s educational system. This included raising about $130 million for the
 University of Idaho and Boise State University.<BR><BR>2) Money was then raised throughout the state from private donations and through the Idaho lottery – although the lottery money didn’t kick in until much later.<BR><BR>3) By the mid-1990s, about $35 million had been raised for higher education alone.<BR><BR>4) A project idea was hatched: “Why not combine intellectual talent with a combined project between BSU and the U of Idaho?”<BR><BR>5) Money was set aside for the project.<BR><BR>6) Then, in the interest of having that money earn more money, Bob Hoover was pressured by the state to “grow” the money while it was waiting to be used for the Boise project.<BR><BR>7) With the advice of well-known political consultants in Boise, and with the knowledge of local political officials in Latah County like Paul Kimmel, Hoover illegally funneled millions of dollars into risky small business investment schemes in Washington state with the assistance of local politicians in that
 state.<BR><BR>8) The state of Washington’s economy collapsed, and Hoover’s illegal “investments” were lost.<BR><BR>9) The money is still “missing,” but no one will be able to find it. It’s gone.<BR><BR>***<BR>But how on earth would Bob Hoover have been able to cover this up? Here’s the sad answer to that question.<BR><BR>1) The College of Agriculture at the University of Idaho has been mismanaged for over a decade. In an attempt to bring Idaho “up to speed” with modern-day agribusiness, faculty at the college abandoned the time-honored tradition of teaching local control of farmland to their students. Instead, they started to teach them how to manage farms and what pesticides to use. In other words, the Ag College went for the money instead of protecting Idaho’s agricultural future.<BR><BR>2) As Idaho is still relatively unspoiled, Bob Hoover used that to the university’s advantage: He invited the USDA to consider pouring hundreds of millions of research dollars into
 Idaho.<BR><BR>3) The only problem was that Idaho would gradually lose control over its own agricultural production.<BR><BR>4) But the Ag College was only too willing to follow Hoover’s lead, and so the tone was set: By about 2015, Idaho would have its agricultural production turned over to the federal government.<BR><BR>5) Unfortunately, this, too, was illegal, because the College of Agriculture is required to achieve a statewide consensus on any “mission changes” that could potentially shift the emphasis of its ag-extension program. (Read the founding charter of the U of Idaho; it’s obvious that “land-grant” means “for the people of Idaho.”)<BR><BR>6) As the U of Idaho climbed in national ranking, the very premise of the university’s origins was being sold to the federal government. And the public was definitely not informed.<BR><BR>***<BR><BR>Of course, the above information constitutes several theories of mine about Mr. Hoover’s resignation and the missing money. I wrote!
  you this
 letter, because I am very fond of your state, and I only wish to make a contribution in any way I can. I think that the scandal is going to be very hard on your university, and perhaps a different perspective on what took place leading up to Mr. Hoover’s resignation might make it easier on people affiliated with the university. I would sincerely appreciate it if you did not make me a target for informing you this way. The local papers won’t publish my writing, and I basically have no other means to communicate to the Moscow public.<BR><BR>Over the next six months, I believe that Bob Hoover will honestly explain what he did and give the state of Idaho more of an idea as to what happened and how to prevent similar schemes from occurring again. In the meantime, it is clear to me that Latah County has already lost millions of dollars that would have been pledged to the university but now will not be sent at all. I think that faculty and staff cutbacks are part of the fallout of!
  this
 scandal, and I think that the university’s ranking will drop well into the Top 100 public universities. I encourage all to speak freely about their concerns regarding Mr. Hoover’s involvement in illegal activities, because it will help people at your university make sense of what happened.<BR><BR>Finally, I want you to know that even though I am still currently trespassed from the University of Idaho, I have received tacit approval from the Moscow Police Department to continue covering the Bob Hoover resignation and scandal via e-mail and letters. Please do not contact the police here, as I am already in the process of restoring my reputation, and any further involvement with the MPD would complicate that process. I have written to you today with the utmost of best intentions, and with the belief that exposure of the truth helps everyone, including the people who seem to have broken the law. Thank You for reading this letter.<BR><BR>In Christ,<BR>Douglas Stambler<BR>(Moscow,
 Idaho)<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-699740787-1060880400=:38052--