[Vision2020] Religion is Business

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:25:19 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C36120.9FC85560

Religion, as we currently know it, must be recognized as a business.  It
should be considered the same as any other business.  Religion (yes
Nate, all religions) sells a product, a particular belief structure.  It
can be started by anyone, and its success measured.  It can be a small
as any mom and pop store or as large and many faceted as any
multi-national conglomerate.  It should be taxed like any other
business, helping to support the community.  Consider how much lower the
property tax burden would be for all of us in this community if
religions were taxed as the businesses they are. The time has truly come
to end special rights for religions, and treat them as any other venture
in our community.

John

jdanahy@turbonet.com

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C36120.9FC85560

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;
	text-decoration:none none;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Religion, as we currently know it, must be recognized =
as a
business.&nbsp; It should be considered the same as any other =
business.&nbsp;
Religion (yes Nate, all religions) sells a product, a particular belief
structure.&nbsp; It can be started by anyone, and its success =
measured.&nbsp;
It can be a small as any mom and pop store or as large and many faceted =
as any
multi-national conglomerate.&nbsp; It should be taxed like any other =
business,
helping to support the community.&nbsp; Consider how much lower the =
property
tax burden would be for all of us in this community if religions were =
taxed as
the businesses they are. The time has truly come to end special rights =
for
religions, and treat them as any other venture in our =

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><a =
href=3D"mailto:jdanahy@turbonet.com">jdanahy@turbonet.com</a></span></fon=