[Vision2020] Nate's House

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:53:58 +0000

Dale et. al.

I asked the question about tax exempt organizations buying up property
leading to a major reduction in taxes out of curiosity whether there are any
laws or codes or zoning regs etc. that might actually be used by city
government to limit the number or size of such organizations.  Since the
subject came up it seemed a relevant question.

My interest in part was just academic.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this issue in the abstract, especially
with the good things that many tax exempt organizations do.   But of course
I have preferences for the types of tax exempt organizations that might buy
property and place it in tax exempt status.

Actually, I am libertarian on many issues.  Tobacco, for example, does more
damage to people's lives many times over than all illegal drugs combined,
yet I do not think it should be illegal.  So I don't think laws should be
passed against all things I do not like.

Ted