[Vision2020] Nate's House

eevans@moscow.com eevans@moscow.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:47:43 GMT

In addition, do we want to be known as the city that officially discourages
non-profit organizations?

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Dale Courtney
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 6:04 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Nate's House

> Is there any way via law the City of Moscow can block the continual
erosion
> of the tax base from an increasing number of buildings being placed in a
> tax-exempt status?

ROTFL!  Well, many thoughts come to mind.

First, how much tax money was lost by the shift in tax status by these
buildings? I bet no where near the amount that taxes were raised.

Second, why a few buildings have caused such a concern -- aren't we in a
growing town? Oh, wait! MCA wants to stop all growth. Silly me.

Third, a concept foreign to the Left: if necessary, tighten your belts. But
I have a feeling that those on the Left have never actually been *owners* of
a business and had to deal with a general ledger before -- hence, money
grows on trees and all you have to do is squeeze the turnip harder...

Best,
Dale

           http://www.fsr.net/