[Vision2020] Latah Rumors

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:38:27 -0700

To follow up on Rose's comments, my interest in this possible transaction
stems from my very fond old-timer Moscow memories of Davids department
store.  In my youth, I spent many an hour in the toy section downstairs, and
was mesmerised by the pneumatic tubes that took your money, swooshed them up
to the cashier's office on the mezzanine, and swooshed your change and
receipt back down to the cash register.  Heck, I still don't know how they
did that.  Every time I walk past the Beach (which I've never been in, they
don't much cater to 52 year olds) I miss Davids department store.  That's a
great old building, and one of Moscow's true landmarks.  I can't help but be
curious.

                                                              Carl Westberg
Jr.