[Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage

John Harrell johnbharrell@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:40:49 -0700 (PDT)

--0-845051402-1060400449=:68020

Sunil,

You and Donovan may be right and Luke may be wrong. And since Jesus has been referenced
and used as an authority in Donovans post, I thought we could be tolerant to explore and share
our diversity of opinions in that direction for a bit.

Truly, "if it doesn't infringe upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties, or property of
another person, let them do it."

Ok, lets go with that for a bit. And play along for a while, because this can get quite fun. I
wouldn't have gone in this direction but since Jesus has been referenced you may as well
play along, even if you don't agree with the initial premise. At least, Donovan should play
along, since it was Donovan that brought up Jesus and wanted to use Jesus as an authority.

Now lets assume that the "person" we are referring to above is God. Is it possible to "infringe
upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties, or property" of God? What is the property of God?

For starters we could assume ourselves as property of God. We are the property of God. He
is our Creator, He owns us, we are expected to do as He says. So therefore, what we
do
could infringe upon our owner if we violate His standards. Our owner requires of us certain standards
of behaviour that don't infringe upon our owner. Those standards have been identified in the Bible.

We should always be asking ourselves, is what I am doing infringe upon other peoples rights?
And, is what I am doing infringe upon my owner's rights, my owner being God? In the case of
our owner God, we should be behaving according to His standards, and not infringing upon
His right as our owner.

Cheers!
John Harrell

Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam@hotmail.com> wrote:

Donovan, Donovan, Donovan,

Clearly you don't understand that when the other party goes nuclear and unleashes a WMD like 'Says who?' the only thing one can do is slowly back away and be grateful that you weren't completely destroyed by the strength of the opposing argument.

This applies even when your opponent forgets to end his mighty argument with "Cheers!"

Sunil

---------------------------------

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822
All the mental giants of History. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, John Locke, Thomas Paine, Socrates, Plato, Oliver Wendel Holmes, Martin Luther, even Jesus's teachings fit within this frame of thinking. Perhaps you know something they don't.

Donovan J Arnold

>From: "Luke"
>To: "Donovan Arnold" , vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage
>Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:00:18 -0700
>
> >Luke, It all boils down to one rule:
> >"If it doesn't infringe upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties,
>or property of another >person, let them do it."
>
>Says who?
>
>Luke Nieuwsma

---------------------------------
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* _____________________________________________________ List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

--0-845051402-1060400449=:68020

<DIV>Sunil,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You and Donovan may be right and Luke may be wrong. And since Jesus has been referenced </DIV>
<DIV>and used as an authority in Donovans post, I thought we could be tolerant to explore and share </DIV>
<DIV>our diversity of opinions in that direction for a bit.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Truly, "if it doesn't infringe upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties, or property of </DIV>
<DIV>another person, let them do it." </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ok, lets go with that for a bit. And play along for a while, because this can get quite fun. I </DIV>
<DIV>wouldn't have gone in this direction but since Jesus has been referenced you may as well </DIV>
<DIV>play along, even if you don't agree with the initial premise. At least, Donovan should play</DIV>
<DIV>along, since it was Donovan that brought up Jesus and wanted to use Jesus as an authority.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Now lets assume that the "person" we are referring to above is God. Is it possible to "infringe </DIV>
<DIV>upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties, or property" of God? What is the property of God?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For starters we could assume ourselves as property of God. We are the property of God. He</DIV>
<DIV>is our Creator, He owns us, we are expected to do as He says. So therefore, what we</DIV>
<DIV>do </DIV>
<DIV>could infringe upon our owner if we&nbsp;violate His standards.&nbsp;Our owner requires of us certain standards </DIV>
<DIV>of behaviour that don't&nbsp;infringe upon our owner.&nbsp;Those standards have been identified in the Bible.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We should always be asking ourselves, is what I am doing infringe upon other peoples rights?</DIV>
<DIV>And, is what I am doing infringe upon my owner's rights, my owner being God? In the case of</DIV>
<DIV>our owner God, we should be behaving according to His standards, and not infringing upon</DIV>
<DIV>His right as our owner.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Cheers!</DIV>
<DIV>John Harrell</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Sunil Ramalingam &lt;sunilramalingam@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>Donovan, Donovan, Donovan,</P>
<P>Clearly you don't understand that when the other party goes nuclear and unleashes a WMD like 'Says who?' the only thing one can do is slowly back away and be grateful that you weren't completely destroyed by the strength of the opposing argument.</P>
<P>This applies even when your opponent forgets to end his mighty argument with "Cheers!"</P>
<P>Sunil<BR><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: lukenieuwsma@softhome.net, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:45:05 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
MSN 8 with <A href="http://g.msn.com/8HMYENUS/2740??PS=">e-mail virus protection service: </A>2 months FREE*<BR><BR>&gt; ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 <BR>From: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM><BR>To: lukenieuwsma@softhome.net, vision2020@moscow.com<BR>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage<BR>Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:45:05 -0700<BR><BR>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P>All the mental giants of History. Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, John Locke, Thomas Paine, Socrates, Plato, Oliver Wendel Holmes, Martin Luther, even Jesus's teachings fit within this frame of thinking. Perhaps you know something they don't.</P>
<P>Donovan J Arnold</P>
<P><BR><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Luke" <LUKENIEUWSMA@SOFTHOME.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:00:18 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;Luke, It all boils down to one rule:
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt;"If it doesn't infringe upon the rights, freedoms, health, life, liberties,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;or property of another &gt;person, let them do it."
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Says who?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Luke Nieuwsma
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
Help STOP SPAM with <A href="http://g.msn.com/8HMYENUS/2731??PS=">the new MSN 8 </A>and get 2 months FREE* _____________________________________________________ List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ </BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-845051402-1060400449=:68020--