[Vision2020] Religions and a changing world

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:41:50 -0700

I was watching a discussion on PBS's Newshour last night (I watch PBS, I
listen to NPR, yep, I'm a liberal) among theologians regarding the Episcopal
Church and the gay Bishop.  They did seem to agree that the church exists
within an everchanging world, and it cannot afford to ignore these changes.
The consensus seemed to be that the church needs to periodically reexamine
its stance on matters such as the one facing the Episcopal Church now.
Without taking a stance on this myself, since the average tree squirrel
knows more about religion than I do, and asking that you don't shoot the
messenger, what about that view?

          Carl Westberg Jr.