[Vision2020] For the joy of Ralph Nielsen.

Joshua Gibbs ridethesaintedrhythms@hotmail.com
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:38:46 +0000

Ralph,

I'm going to ask you now, for the fourth time, if I believe what you
believe, how it will make my life more joyful? Please tell me about the
happiness that your beliefs had gotten you. The fact you don't respond to
these makes me think that there isn't a really good answer. Please, prove me
wrong. Tell me about the joy of cyncism. Let's say that I'm in it for
whatever I can get out of it. Tell me about how evolution can make my life
better. I want to know what survival of the fittest has in store for my old
age. I want to know how Darwin can make my marriage better. But not just
evolution, I want to know about what your life philosophy has gotten you.
And again, don't tell me what's wrong with Christianity, I already know.
Self-deception, organized religion, forcing your beliefs on others, and so
on and so forth. You've already told me. I want to know what's so great
about what you believe.

A thousand dollars,
Josh