[Vision2020] Re: Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage

Douglas Stambler ccm_moscow@yahoo.com
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

--0-963356178-1059859526=:49860

DOUG WILSON IS ALL OF THESE:

1. A SEXUAL PREDATOR

2. AN ADULTERER

3. BI-SEXUAL

That should put his comments into perspective for you, Ralph.

-Douglas Stambler

Ralph Nielsen <nielsen@uidaho.edu> wrote:
Doug Wilson doesn't seem to want to recognize the difference between
church and state, so he gives us a homily about hypocrisy and sin
instead of recognizing that marriage, as far as the state is concerned,
is not a sacred institution, but a secular legal contract binding on
the two parties concerned. He illogically equates monogamy with
polygamy and, even more illogically, pretends that polygamy is a matter
of how many people can physically fit into a bedroom.
Doug concludes his diatribe by equating marriage laws with building
codes. Anyone who hasn't been indoctrinated with Wilsonian "logic" can
readily observe how totally illogical he is.
Ralph Nielsen

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 08:31 AM, vision2020-request@moscow.com
wrote:

> From: Douglas
> Date: Fri Aug 1, 2003 8:48:50 AM US/Pacific
> To: vision2020@moscow.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage
>

> Visionaries,
>
> There is an important difference between sexual hypocrisy, which our
> nation has in spades, and which practices privately what it condemns
> publicly, and the tragic way of removing that hypocrisy, which is to
> bring yourself to approve the sin formally. Hypocrisy is the tribute
> that vice pays to virtue, and we always need to remember there are two
> ways to get out of a double standard. One is to repent of the sin, and
> the other is to drop the pretence of virtue. We are in the course of
> pursuing the latter, and it will not bring enlightenment.
>
> If it is true that marriage is nothing more than a "tax break," and is
> no longer a sacred institution, then we are not just talking about
> homosexual unions. We are also talking about polygamy, as long as more
> than two can physically fit into the privacy of the bedroom. What kind
> of sexual unions will have to be permitted as soon as the courts learn
> the rudiments of logic? He who says A must say B.
>
> And while we are on the subject of keeping the government out of the
> bedroom, why is it, when I built my house, the government wanted to
> tell me how far apart the sheetrock screws had to be in the bedroom,
> how the electric outlets had to be placed, how big the windows had to
> be, and so on, ad nauseam. Government out of the bedroom, aye.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Douglas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

--0-963356178-1059859526=:49860

<DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT size=4>DOUG WILSON IS&nbsp;ALL OF THESE:</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><U><STRONG><FONT size=4></FONT></STRONG></U>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><U><STRONG><FONT size=4>1. A SEXUAL PREDATOR<BR></FONT></STRONG></U></DIV>
<DIV><U><STRONG><FONT size=4>2. AN ADULTERER</FONT></STRONG></U></DIV>
<DIV><U><STRONG><FONT size=4></FONT></STRONG></U>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><U><STRONG><FONT size=4>3. BI-SEXUAL</FONT></STRONG></U></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>That should put his comments into perspective for you, Ralph.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Douglas Stambler<BR><BR><B><I>Ralph Nielsen &lt;nielsen@uidaho.edu&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">Doug Wilson doesn't seem to want to recognize the difference between <BR>church and state, so he gives us a homily about hypocrisy and sin <BR>instead of recognizing that marriage, as far as the state is concerned, <BR>is not a sacred institution, but a secular legal contract binding on <BR>the two parties concerned. He illogically equates monogamy with <BR>polygamy and, even more illogically, pretends that polygamy is a matter <BR>of how many people can physically fit into a bedroom.<BR>Doug concludes his diatribe by equating marriage laws with building <BR>codes. Anyone who hasn't been indoctrinated with Wilsonian "logic" can <BR>readily observe how totally illogical he is.<BR>Ralph Nielsen<BR><BR>On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 08:31 AM, vision2020-request@moscow.com <BR>wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; From: Douglas <DOUGWILS@MOSCOW.COM><BR>&gt; Date: Fri Aug 1, 2003 8:48:50 AM
 US/Pacific<BR>&gt; To: vision2020@moscow.com<BR>&gt; Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Constitutional Ban on Gay Marriage<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Visionaries,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; There is an important difference between sexual hypocrisy, which our <BR>&gt; nation has in spades, and which practices privately what it condemns <BR>&gt; publicly, and the tragic way of removing that hypocrisy, which is to <BR>&gt; bring yourself to approve the sin formally. Hypocrisy is the tribute <BR>&gt; that vice pays to virtue, and we always need to remember there are two <BR>&gt; ways to get out of a double standard. One is to repent of the sin, and <BR>&gt; the other is to drop the pretence of virtue. We are in the course of <BR>&gt; pursuing the latter, and it will not bring enlightenment.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If it is true that marriage is nothing more than a "tax break," and is <BR>&gt; no longer a sacred institution, then we are not just talking about <BR>&gt; homosexual unions. We are also talking ab!
 out
 polygamy, as long as more <BR>&gt; than two can physically fit into the privacy of the bedroom. What kind <BR>&gt; of sexual unions will have to be permitted as soon as the courts learn <BR>&gt; the rudiments of logic? He who says A must say B.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; And while we are on the subject of keeping the government out of the <BR>&gt; bedroom, why is it, when I built my house, the government wanted to <BR>&gt; tell me how far apart the sheetrock screws had to be in the bedroom, <BR>&gt; how the electric outlets had to be placed, how big the windows had to <BR>&gt; be, and so on, ad nauseam. Government out of the bedroom, aye.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Cordially,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Douglas<BR><BR>_____________________________________________________<BR>List services made available by First Step Internet, <BR>serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. <BR>http://www.fsr.net
 <BR>mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com<BR>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-963356178-1059859526=:49860--