[Vision2020] Another Fire on the South Side of the Mountain.

Joel Hamilton joelh@uidaho.edu
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:51:14 -0700

Has anyone else been watching the air acrobatics on the south side of
Moscow Mountain?  I saw a Helicopter headed north from town with a water
bucket about a half hour ago.  I went up on my roof for a look, and saw the
helicopter making repeated passes at a smoke plume on the south side of the
mountain.  I can't tell whether the fire is in fields or timber.  Two fixed
wing planes are circling.  I suppose one is a retardant tanker and the
other a spotter.  They seem to be hitting it hard and the smoke plume is
now almost gone.

Does anyone have more information?

Joel Hamilton