[Vision2020] University dollars

Shawn Clabough shawnc@outtrack.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 15:13:10 -0700

But what about the money saved by that presciption that the person can then
spend locally rather than it getting sent to the drug manufacturer - which
is out-of-state no matter where it's bought?

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Strand [mailto:strand@pacsim.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 3:09 PM
To: thansen@moscow.com
Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] University dollars

Hi Tom,

You asked me for an example of U of I taking their business outside of
Moscow. This month the U of I decided to encourage all their employees to
mail order their medications from Oregon rather than purchase via local
pharmacies (up to 40% - 60% discount on their co-pay).

I understand the need to control drug costs. This is the reason I feel that
other changes were justified. (They took away the maximum "out of pocket"
for drugs. This means for people who have high drug costs due to chronic
illnesses, have NO maximum amount that they pay).

Maybe there was an INCREDIBLE deal that the U of I got out of this. But now
that revenue is going out of state to Oregon.

Bill Strand