[Vision2020] University dollars

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

Donavan,
     I'm not assuming that the UI can do anything it
likes.
     I was just saying that WITHOUT it Moscow's
economy, as you apparently agree, would only support a
couple of thousand folks in mostly lower paying
resource industry based jobs.
    The other thing that people here should keep in
mind is that our legislative strength isn't much
compared to the Boise area. It would seem that the
city of Moscow becoming too hostile to the UI will
give a justification to those in the Leg. who would
rather see most of the ever-decreasing higher
education budget funneled to BSU and ISU.
    I'm not sure how looking at the reality of Moscow
without UI means anyone has "battered wife syndrome."
I was only pointing out the reality that the effect of
UI's presence in Moscow is much more of a positive
economically than a negative.
  TL