[Vision2020] Constitutionial Ban on Gay Marriage

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:15:55 -0700

McClellan said,"The president is strongly committed to protecting the
sanctity of marriage and defending a sacred institution that he believes is
a between a man and a woman" "We are looking at what may be needed in the
context of the court cases that are pending now."

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the statement "sanctity of marriage and
defending a sacred institution" already gone!?!

I mean really, you want to defend marriage, why not start with ending the
80% of adultery, the 50% divorce rate after five years and the 72% divorce
rate after ten years? I mean when something is MAYBE ten percent of your
problem and something else is 72% of your problem, shouldn't you concentrate
  your efforts on the 72%?

I guess this just goes to show how arrogant and stupid the people are that
oppose even Civil Unions. I don't think this amendment has a snowball's
chance in hell, which is good. I shutter at the prospect of  this country
passing an amendment that singles out a group of people to be denied the
right to marry. Marriage is no more a sacred institution, it just a tax
break, and why deny people a tax break because of what they do in their
bedrooms? That is just plain wrong.

Donovan J Arnold