[Vision2020] President Hoover's Resignation

Greg Kimberling kimberling@moscow.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:41:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001D_01C30519.5A41F860

I, for one, would like to thank Bob Hoover for his superb leadership as =
President of the University of Idaho.  Bob is an incredible individual.  =
Maybe some will say he tried to accomplish too much in too little time.  =
Maybe others will focus on whether he gave their department the =
attention it deserved.

Bob went out in the real world and sold the public on what great =
potential this rural campus could have.  He got people excited about =
being part of the University again.  He raised incredible amounts of =
money and brought individuals who would have never seen the =
opportunities of this great campus had it not been for his personality, =
his drive and his commitment to making this a great place.

I applaud the fact he has given us everything he could during the entire =
time he has served with us.  If Bob has made mistakes it is because he =
is so passionate about making this one of the very best colleges in the =
country.  It will be along time before we see another Bob Hoover in =
Moscow.  The situation will the University Place is tragic but we would =
have never reached the heights we have seen or stepped up to the stature =
we have without Bob Hoover as President. =20

Its easy to criticize people during tough times and some people =
specialize in it.  You have to be have a narrow scope on reality to not =
recognize what Bob Hoover has done at the University and the financial =
impact he has had on the entire state of Idaho.  I am sick about Bob =
resigning.  I already wish he was back. =20

I can tell you that it has been a long time since I have spoke with =
anyone on campus who wasn't appreciative of what Bob has done.

Bob is a great guy and he has done an incredible job for our University. =
 My thanks to him and Jeanne for putting the University first and their =
family second.  I wish you both health and happiness.   I hope we will =
see you often - God Bless you both!

Greg Kimberling=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20