[Vision2020] Digital Television:HDTV:1080 Interlaced/720 Progressive

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:55:08 +0000

Sam and others:

I can get PBS 7 from EWU near Spokane (or where they transmit from) and
Channel 6 NBC from Spokane, quite well in a location not very "high" near
Cornwall, with just a very carefully placed set of the nostalgic "rabbit
ears."  What I wonder is if the digital signals from Spokane are as robust
in reaching distant places as the analog signals they also are broadcasting
at this time?  I have heard that the new digital video signals and the
method of transmitting them are not as robust as the old analog signals
which have led some advocates to consider revamping the whole digital
broadcast system.  I imagine the local HDTV from 12 PBS is easy to get.  I
did not know 12 is using the digital bandwidth right now to send several
channels.  This is inspiration to go digital.

Ted