[Vision2020] Digital television

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:25:11 GMT

Twenty to thirty years from now people will never have to leave their homes.
Purchase anything you want in a digitized manner from the privacy of your own
living room or bedroom.

Hey, you want to take the wife and kids on a vacation?  How about a virtual
vacation?  Program your home holo-deck to whatever pleases you.  Salem Witch
trials of the 17th century?  Woodstock of 1969?  This can all be yours
(virtually).  There will also be "adult entertainment" programs for the
bachelor who isn't interested in Ms. Right, only Ms. Right Now.

As much as I believe in the progress of technology, it can become very very
scary.

Tom Hansen
(or am I?)

           http://www.fsr.net/