[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:29:55 -0700

Duncan asks:
> >... It would be wrong for the Grand Poo-Bah of the KKK to sit on the
> >board of the NAACP; and it would be wrong for a neo-Nazi to
> be on the
> >board of the local Jewish Community Center...
> >
> Dear Vision 2020:
>
> Then why would someone, such as a New St. Andrews student, who is
> opposed to public schools run for a seat on the Moscow School Board?

In my case, 50% of my property taxes go to support the government schools in
Moscow. If that's not a "right" to run, nothing is!

You may not realize it, but there's a significant difference between a
private institution which is self-supporting and a *public* institution,
which annually mugs us for more of our money to supply fewer students. The
latter, by definition, is open to all who wish to run. The former is not.

BTW, do you know which is the *only* educational institution in Moscow that
has been continuously downsizing in students for the last 7 years? It
happens to be the same one that has continued to bloat its budget for the
last 7 years. Ah, the wisdom of the State and statists.

It would be good to have someone on the School Board who would bring fiscal
responsibility to that organization. If it takes someone on the "outside",
then so be it.

Best,
Dale