[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:50:54 -0700

Ted,

Let me address a few of your questions.

First, I was not arguing that there's a parallel between women and
skin-heads. I was arguing "at the fringe" with something that (I hoped) we'd
agree was black-and-white: not *all* diversity is good.

It would be wrong for the Grand Poo-Bah of the KKK to sit on the board of
the NAACP; and it would be wrong for a neo-Nazi to be on the board of the
local Jewish Community Center. That's important because some have made
diversity itself the goddess of the modern age, and they have been down
right intolerant about it!

Second, as a private institution, Logos has the right to establish whatever
limitations on its board as it sees fit.

Third, the board has been de facto male for what, 15 years? Wilson addressed
why they chose to formalize it. This is not something new that is being
imposed.

Finally, my comment about diversity was an attempt to show that while some
embrace differences, they will only embrace differences that they agree
with. This difference has (to some) crossed the line, brining out the worse
of intolerance -- even from the likes of Bill London and Vera White. I
always get a kick out of seeing intolerance from those who strut around
saying how tolerant they are.

Best,
Dale