[Vision2020] Logos School's all-male board

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:50:01 +0000

Dale, Bill et. al.

Dale, you make sense quite often, yet here you show an unreasoning bias, it
seems to me.

Why is it logical for a person who wants to promote diversity to accept the
conduct of a group which is trying to limit diversity in its institutions?
For the sake of promoting a diversity of types of institutions in society?
If this is your argument, it is like saying that those who promote free
speech should allow people to yell "fire" in a crowded theatre, or they are
contradicting themselves.

Promoting diversity, or free speech, is of course subject to limits
conditioned by the harm that the application of free speech or promoting
diversity will inflict on those involved in specific cases.

Causing personal injury and panic in a crowded theater is too grievous a
harm to allow free speech of the sort when someone will yell "fire" in a
crowded theater.  In like manner, accepting sexist agendas that limit the
opportunities of women is too grievous a harm to accept this, in the name of
"diversity," without protest.

QED

Ted