[Vision2020] What is it good for?

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:02:37 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

Before this debate gets too heated, "War" by Edwin Star was written for (and
about) the Vietnam War.  Correction:  I meant the Vietnam Police Action.  It
was not written about the Mideast.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 7:29 AM
To: WMSteed@aol.com; johncronin@moscow.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] What is it good for?

And then you can have a war that enrages the Arab world, to the point where
people in Iraq's neighboring countries, who have despised Saddam Hussein,
now view him as a folk hero for standing up to what they perceive as an
incredibly arrogant American administration.  You can have a war that
ratchets up the risk of international terrorism, rather than decreasing that

risk.  You can have a war that risks catastrophic environmental damage to
the very region the U.S. claims to be liberating.  A war that could well
only be the beginning of a string of such wars.

                                   Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: WMSteed@aol.com
>To: johncronin@moscow.com, vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] What is it good for?
>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:56:30 EST
>

>In a message dated 4/2/03 8:37:02 PM, johncronin@moscow.com writes:
>
><< War
>
>What is it good for
>
>Absolutely nothing  >>
>
>Nothing?
>Independence
>Taxation with representation
>The right to worship (or not) as you please
>The end of slavery
>Not speaking German
>Not speaking Japanese
>Free Speech and the right to write songs about "absolutely nothing"
>
>I'm sure others could add to this list of Nothing...
>
>Walter Steed

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,