[Vision2020] CNN Breaking News

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 06:50:28 -0800

Thanks for your input, Mr. Kaag.  I appreciate it.

Realizing the stress that these troops are going thorugh, coupled with the
atrocities that Saddam's elite has committed and is more than willing to
commit, who knows what lies ahead from their current location to Baghdad.
This has potential of another "Lieutenant Calley/My Lai" type incident,
especially when the troops start clearing Baghdad.  I certainly hope not.  I
am certain that training has advanced considerably since then, limiting the
potential for a re-occurrence.

Here's to hoping for the best,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime." --Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.