[Vision2020] UI Philosophy Dept

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:48:29 +0000

Visionaries:

The demise of the U of I Philosophy Dept. was considered by the U of I
administration, according to "unnamed" sources, as a possibility if more
draconian measures were taken due to more budget cuts.

But given the cutbacks now in place in some U of I humanities departments,
"secure" is perhaps not the best choice of words to describe the humanities
at the U of I.

Ted, U of I Philosophy grad