[Vision2020] UI Philosophy Dept

julia parker juliaontheroad@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:21:07 -0800 (PST)

I forwarded the 2020 messages about the potential
demise of the Philosophy Dept to Michael O'Rourke, the
acting chairperson of the dept.  He is not on Vision
2020 and asked me to post this reply.  Julia Parker

Dear Folks,

On behalf of my department, I appreciate your concern
about our continued existence.  There are discussions
on campus concerning the future of the humanities and
arts at the UI, and those will certainly affect us,
for
better or for worse.  However, at this time, we are as
secure as any humanities department.

Sincerely,

Michael O'Rourke
Acting Chair, Philosophy