[Vision2020] Re: Football

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:03:48 -0800 (PST)

Mark, you wrote:
   "All but the biggest schools can't really afford
first rate major sports programs."
Hmm.....seems like WSU and Gonzaga do pretty
well--better than many schools 5 or 6 times Gonzaga's
size or more than double WSU's size.

Also,it's not exactly news that College ball has
become a farm system for the pros, that sports is
entertainment or that not every student athelete
becomes a pro.
Maybe I've been misinformed, but I've not seen
anything in any of the posts here that amount to more
than a few anecdotes, personal "gut feelings" or
opinions about how much sports actually does
cost/take-in at the various levels.
TL