[Vision2020] Rose Bowl blowout?

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:57:17 -0800

Yep.  Football in Alabama is like football in Texas.  It's more than a
sport.  It is a religion.  Do a websearch and take a look at some of the
Alabama/Texas high school football coaching staffs/facilities.  Idaho should
have a budget like that.

At first I was curious as to why Alabama wanted Price, a coach with a
lifetime record of 129 wins and 121 losses.  Then it struck me.  Alabama is
currently under suspension for recruiting violations.  Price has managed to
put together a winning program over the past few years, basically with
players that nobody else in the PAC-10 wanted.  Couple that with the fact
that Price probably runs the cleanest program in the nation.  Price can
clean up Alabama's image and still provide (hopefully) a winning team.

Tom Hansen
Moscow

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Westberg [mailto:carlwestberg846@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 1:45 PM
To: timlohr@yahoo.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Rose Bowl blowout?

I think prior to the Mike Price being WSU/Alabama head coach situation, I
would have figured even odds.  But with the distractions going on with the
Cougs because of Price leaving, it's gonna be tough.  Oklahoma's got a great

defense, and I think WSU has to do like they did against UCLA.  Jump early,
and get a lead.  Otherwise, they're toast.  Incidentally, I looked at the
Tuscaloosa newspaper Crimson Tide chat room a couple of days ago.  Those
southern boys take their football WAY too seriously down there.  If Price
doesn't get out the gate fast next year, he's in for a rough ride.  A
million and a half a year wouldn't be enough to get me to live with all that

humidity and ultra rabid football fans. A guy can live pretty comfortably in

Pullman on $900,000 a year.

               Carl Westberg Jr.