[Vision2020] National perception of the Palouse

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:36:35 -0800

I've been reading some national sport web sites, and even visited the
Tuscaloosa, Alabama newspaper to gauge reactions to Mike Price going to
Alabama.  It seems the majority of the country believes that we poor Palouse
residents are completely cut off from the rest of the civilized world.
We're still waiting for electricity, rotary phone service, and face a week
long horse ride through 17 foot snow drifts to reach Seattle, the nearest
civilized outpost.  And we have those pesky Indian attacks to deal with.
I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

                               Carl Westberg Jr.