[CLC-Discussion] Repeal of Section 627.428

RPPTL CLC-Discussion clc-discussion at lists.flabarrpptl.org
Fri Mar 31 07:12:16 PDT 2023

So how did this repeal of 627.428 fly under the radar?... I don't recall any
discussion on this in our meeting or in Orlando in March. appears to affect
performance bond claims, all first party coverage claims demanding liability
coverage or defense from carriers, etc. I think we need someone
knowledgeable to inform our members of the effect of this repeal on
construction claims and practices.

Michael J. Yates, Esq.

Board Certified in Construction Law

5975 Sunset Drive, Suite 602

Miami FL 33143

Office 305.666.8100

Fax      305.666.8106

This electronic mail message contains CONFIDENTIAL information which is (a)
ATTORNEY - CLIENT PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION, WORK PRODUCT, PROPRIETARY IN
NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only
for the use of the Addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an Addressee,
or the person responsible for delivering this to an Addressee, you are
hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please reply to the sender and take the steps necessary to delete the
message completely from your computer system.

----

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S.
federal tax advice contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is not
intended or written by the Law Offices of Michael J. Yates P.L,  to be used,
and any such tax advice cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding
penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.